Every house is an amalgamation of various substances. types of tiles are one of the most essential ones when it comes to the interior design of your home. Therefore, choosing the best tiles to suit your needs, preferences, and place within your home is essential for every homeowner. While we are unable to choose for you, however, we can help you make an informed choice. Bespoke has put together this comprehensive guide which lists all kinds of tiles as well as their USPs, as well as where they can be used, and how to clean them.
Vitrified tiles look like ceramic tiles but they are made up of silica. During the process of vitrification the clay and silica melt, and then blend to form a glass-like material inside the tile. The tiles keep their original sheen after years of usage.
What you need to know about vitrified tiles
You can select from a variety of finishes that include an anti-skid coating
- Low porosity makes it stain-proof
- Water and frost resistant
- It is tough and can withstand the rigors of heavy use
- It is possible to install it quickly.
- Where can you get vitrified tiles?
- Indoor and outdoor flooring
- Kitchen backsplash
- Bathroom walls
What are the rules and guidelines for maintaining vitrified tiles
Very little is required to maintain vitrified tiles. Regular mopping, sweeping, or vacuuming is enough to keep them in good condition. Avoid using any abrasive method like acid or metal scraper to clean these kinds of tiles.
To those who don’t know onyx can be described as an imitation of marble. These tiles are affordable and have the same veins found in marble. They are constructed out of quartz and other engineered additives.
What you should know about onyx tiles
- It looks like marble, but it is much stronger
- Available in larger sizes than regular tiles.
- Moderately heat resistant
- Not entirely scratch-proof or stain resistant
- Where can you utilize onyx tiles
- Indoor flooring
- Wall wall
What are the rules and regulations that apply to maintaining tiles made of onyx?
It is important to be careful when cleaning the onyx tiles. The tiles shouldn’t be cleaned using baking soda, lemon juice, or any other harsh cleaning agents. Use just warm water with a mild detergent to clean them.
Vinyl flooring is made of synthetic material and looks just like natural stone. This affordable option is the best flooring option when you have pets.
What you need to know about vinyl tiles
- It provides a seamless appearance
- It is possible to install it without destroying the existing flooring
- Non-biodegradable, but recyclable
- Waterproof, but not totally stain-resistant
- Heavy furniture can be damaged and isn’t very durable.
- Vinyl tiles can be utilized in any location where there is water
What are the rules and regulations for keeping vinyl tiles clean?